The City of West Hollywood’s Historic Preservation Division has published three local history-related walking tours on its website at wehopreservation.org.
Built in 1916 at 950 North Kings Road, the Dodge House was one of the first architecturally significant residences in West Hollywood. It was later forcibly acquired by the Los Angeles Board of Education, and in 1963 rezoned and put on the auction block. Despite efforts to save it, it was demolished in 1970 and replaced with the 194-unitl Courtyard complex that occupies the site today. During the effort to save the Dodge House, the preservations made this film, which was narrated by the house’s designer, architect Irving Gill.
That camel barn on Melrose Place. The celebrity-packed restaurant where Comedy Store is now located and where Frank Sinatra got […]